17 Mar J’atteste…!
Life in France has experienced a few alterations over the last weeks due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19.
Schools have been shut down, all non-essential stores have been shuttered (food stores and pharmacies remain open) and now, as of noontime today we are under a gentle form of lockdown, where we are ordered not to leave the house except under five conditions of exception:
- Going to work if you can’t work remotely
- Buying good/pharmacy items
- For reasons of health (jogging, cycling…alone)
- To assist vulnerable family members or for childcare reasons
- Going for a walk/taking dog for a walk
This is what the attestation looks like (below). You have to have one with you each and every time you exit the house or else risk a 38 euro (who decided on that specific amount?) fine.